This blog is the perfect blog for fastpitch softball pitching coaches. The blog features free pitching drills, fastpitch softball coaching tips, fastpitch pitching trainers product reviews, and other valuable articles and information.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Woman Softball Star Cat Osterman talks about Pitching Skill

Woman Softball Star Cat Osterman talks about Pitching Skill
Uploaded by STACKVids

Cat Osterman, NCAA all time leader for strikeouts per 7 innings in Women's softball, and 2004 Summer Olympics athlete, tells us who taught her the art of pitching. ""I had some pitching lessons for my 11th birthday, because I have been on a little league team. Little league regalates how many innings a pitcher can throw in a week. I think we had a bigger game at the end of the week, so our coach needed a pitcher to come in to pitch two innings. The pitcher that has started alraedy had a lot of her innings, and our better pitcher they were saving for the end of the week. At that time I in the outfield, just picking flowers and not doing much of anything, so I volunteered and came in. I don't know if I struck out my first hitter or one of their better hitters. I still remember who it was to this day. I struck out one person and I loved it, so from then on I asked my dad for those pitching lessons. I wanted to try it, and as long as I was working at it, he was happy giving lessons. We went and sought out a pitching coach in Houston, his name was Tim Timmons. He gave me lessons for the first three years, then I went to another coach Bobby Smith, who is still a men's pitcher to this day.""

===========================
Thanks to our sponsors:







SoftballrUs.com/FastpitchSoftballSupply.com is the ultimate online fastpitch softball online store. SoftballrUs.com has Batting Trainers,Pitching Training, Training Bats,Defensive Training Equipment,Coaching DVDs & Books, Softball Pitching Machines, Softball Complete Net & Frame Batting Cage Packages, Batting Cage Nets, Protective Practice Screens and Nets, and BatAction Hitting Machines, and much, much more. Visit Softballrus.com now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Softball Friend,
I welcome any comments or suggestions. If you have a question or a topic that you would like to read about, please leave a comment and I will try to address that topic as soon as I can. Good luck in the coming season!
Have a great day, Nick